Yoni eggs are beautiful semiprecious stones carved and polished into an egg shape to be worn inside the vagina. A Yoni egg may also be called a love egg. Women have been practicing with stone, Yoni eggs for over 5,000 years. Royal empresses and concubines of China used eggs carved out of jade to access sexual power, awaken sensuality and maintain amazing health into their old age.
“Yoni” is a Sanskrit word for the female genitalia that means “sacred space.” Its symbol has been worshiped in Eastern cultures since ancient times for bestowing life, creativity and love. The Yoni does not only encompass the vagina, but the entire reproductive system including the womb, hormones and the emotional body.
Why Women Use Yoni Eggs
A large percentage of psychological and/or sexual trauma that is stored in the body, is stored inside of the Yoni. Our Yoni is one of the most essential parts of our being and naturally stores emotional and energetic imprints we pick up in our lives. Working with Yoni stones has the power to help heal old wounds and awaken a truly desirable life.
Top 11 Yoni Egg Benefits
Practicing with Yoni stones will:
- Increase libido and awaken sensuality.
- Increase natural lubrication, (even after menopause by balancing estrogen levels).
- Help you develop an intimate and loving relationship with your Yoni, physical body, and higher self.
- Help you gain control over the vaginal muscles.
- Tighten vaginal walls; also awakening the tissues, organs, and muscles, promotes new nerve growth, and increases overall sensitivity. If you’ve never had a vaginal orgasm before, diligent practice can change this and open up entirely new types of sensation and pleasure.
- Alleviate some infertility issues.
- Easier childbirth with less tearing of the tissue. (If you have already given birth, this practice will help repair damaged nerve endings and speed your body’s recovery).
- Strengthen your pelvic floor to help with incontinence and prevent prolapse in the future.
- Prepare you for Tantra, Qigong, and Yoga.
- Reduced PMS, menstrual cramps and the duration of your menses.
- Improve overall health and well-being.
Tightening Pelvic Floor Muscles
The pelvic floor is a large group of muscles that supports all of our internal organs. Unlike other muscles in the body, they have the ability to regenerate and repair in a short period of time. You can achieve any level of dexterity at any age, limited only by your desire and dedication. If one of the reasons for obtaining the egg was to build stronger vaginal wall muscles and to gain control over them, Yoni egg exercises will help you tremendously.
It is said that life force, prana, or chi can leak through the pelvic floor and be lost if those muscles are weak. This life force energy is essential for maintaining high energy levels and longevity. Therefore, practicing with an egg also increases blood flow to your pelvic organs and helps move stagnant energy.
Visit Love Stones FAQ page for everything you need to know about Yoni stones.
How to Use a Yoni Egg
After warming up, when you feel ready and relaxed, start making circles around the vaginal opening. Gently insert the egg when you find the right angle, larger end of the egg first. Do not push it all the way up to the cervix. Your muscles will do the rest and pull it in. The best position for inserting an egg is lying down. Note: If you need lubricant, coconut oil (which is an anti-bacterial and anti-fungal), is a great option.
Simple kegel exercises are the foundation of the Yoni Egg practice. As you become more advanced, you can learn to manipulate the egg by moving different muscle groups inside your Yoni. This is called Pompoir or “Vaginal Kung Fu.”
Video: Yoni Egg 101
In this video, I talk about how to strengthen, tighten and heal your Yoni.
Where to Buy Yoni Eggs
You can buy them in a Botanica or online. Texas Hidden Gems create several different kinds of Yoni stones for women.
Below are common, highly recommended Yoni eggs. If you practice with Nephrite Jade eggs, Rose Quartz eggs, or Black obsidian eggs, you will also benefit from the stone’s specific healing properties.
Clearing and Charging
Before using a Yoni egg, it is important to Cleanse and Clear them. Clearing and charging Yoni crystals intensify their healing energy.
This video shows your how to clear and charge Yoni crystals.
What kind of Yoni egg stone do you use? Drop a comment below.